|Title:||Clinical associate professor|
|Address:||Département de maladies infectieuses et microbiologie médicale
5415 boul. de l’Assomption
Montréal, QC, Canada
|Phone:||514-252-3400, ext. 4524|
Dr. Dufresne completed his PhD in Medicine at the Université de Montréal in 2005 and graduated as a Specialist in Infectious Diseases and Medical Microbiology in 2010. He then pursued post-doctoral research in Transplant & Oncology Infectious Diseases Program, at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (under the direction of Dr. Kieren Marr). Since 2012, he practices as a microbiologist-infectiologist at Maisonneuve-Rosemont Hospital, where he directs the clinical mycology laboratory, and is in charge of a clinic specialized in immunocompromised host and microbiologist-counseling for the Center d Excellence in cell therapy. He has also acted as a medical advisor in mycology for the Quebec Public Health Laboratory since 2013. He is an editor for the journal Medical Mycology (Oxford University Press) and author of several articles published in peer-reviewed journals.
- Maxime Parent-Michaud, M.Sc.
- Sylvie Bélanger, infirmière de recherche
- Christiane Restieri, assistante technique
- Medical Mycology
- Invasive aspergillosis in immunocompromised hosts
- Epidemiology of invasive aspergillosis: host genetic predisposition, incidence, risk factors and seasonality, molecular epidemiology of Fumigati species
- Diagnosis of invasive aspergillosis: development, optimization and validation of diagnostic tests
- Histoplasmosis in Quebec
- Epidemiology of Histoplasma capsulatum in Quebec: incidence, geographic distribution and molecular epidemiology
- Diagnosis of histoplasmosis: development, optimization and validation of diagnostic tests
- DUFRESNE SF, Beauchemin S, Lavallée C, Laverdière M. Instability of Aspergillus galactomannan in stored clinical samples. Journal of Clinical Microbiology (2014); 52(12): 4435-6.
- DUFRESNE SF, Marr KA, Sydnor E, Staab JF, Karp JE, Lu K, Zhang SX, Lavallée C, Perl TM, Neofytos D. Epidemiology of Candida kefyr in Patients with Hematologic Malignancies. Journal of Clinical Microbiology (2014); 52(6): 1830-7.
- DUFRESNE SF, LeBlanc R, Zhang SX, Marr KA and Neofytos D. Histoplasmosis and subcutaneous nodules in a kidney transplant recipient: erythema nodosum versus fungal panniculitis. Transplant Infectious Disease (2013); 15(2): E58-63.
- DUFRESNE SF, Datta K*, Li X, Staab JF, Patterson TF, Dadachova E, Feldmesser M and Marr KA. Detection of urinary excreted galactomannan for diagnosis of invasive aspergillosis. PLoS One (2012); 7(8): e42736.